Fort Lauderdale Behavioral Health Center
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fort Lauderdale Behavioral Health Center, a subsidiary of UHS, is a beautiful, conveniently located, private 182-bed hospital that specializes in the treatment of drug addiction, mental health issues and concurrent disorders for adults as well as adolescents. Our professional staff members are committed to providing compassionate, comprehensive care that uniquely fits the intensity and severity of each patient’s needs. This commitment extends to the family and community of our patients as a whole.
We offer a continuum of mental health and addiction services in a confidential, caring environment that promotes crisis resolution, positive self-awareness, personal growth and problem-solving capabilities. Our overall goal is to provide patients the highest quality treatment possible for drug abuse and mental health issues in order to help them achieve good health and long-term sobriety.
Fort Lauderdale BHC is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For more information, please visit our website.
We are pleased to announce the following available position:
THERAPIST – FULL-TIME
Benefits for the Program Therapists include:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
- Tuition Assistance
Universal Health Services, Inc., one of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, our annual revenues were $11.4 billion in 2019. In 2020, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2019, ranked #293 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 90,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 328 behavioral health facilities, 42 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 37 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
- Masters/License Level Therapist
- Master’s Degree from accredited school in Social Work, or Mental Health Counseling; License preferred
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) required or equivalent
- One (1) year of experience working in a hospital or psychiatric counseling setting with adults and/or adolescents.
- CPR certification
- Preferred licensure as LCSW, LMHC, or CAP
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong therapeutic skills and knowledge of therapeutic philosophies (group and individual treatment skills)
- Working knowledge of developmental stages
- Some minimal knowledge of community resources
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients with varied ability to understand
- Strong assessment skills and ability to intervene in a variety of situations
- Sensitive and aware of diverse cultures and their practices
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.