Fort Lauderdale Behavioral Health Center
Registered Nurse - $3000 Sign-On Bonus
Fort Lauderdale, FL
*Night Shift Available*
Competitive hourly rate, $3000.00 SIGN-ON BONUS, monetary incentives for additional shifts, shift differentials, when applicable.
Fort Lauderdale Behavioral Health Center, a subsidiary of UHS, is a beautiful private 182-bed hospital, located in Oakland Park, FL that specializes in the treatment of drug addiction, mental health issues, and concurrent disorders for adults as well as adolescents. Our professional staff members are committed to providing compassionate, comprehensive care that uniquely fits the intensity and severity of each patient’s needs. This commitment extends to the family and community of our patients as a whole.
We offer a continuum of mental health and addiction services in a confidential, caring environment that promotes crisis resolution, positive self-awareness, personal growth, and problem-solving capabilities. Our overall goal is to provide patients the highest quality treatment possible for drug abuse and mental health issues in order to help them achieve good health and long-term sobriety.
Benefits for Registered Nurse (RN) include:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Psychiatric Nurse Residency Transition-to-Practice Program (Could earn 20 CEUs)
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
- Tuition Assistance (If offered)
The Staff Nurse (R.N.) is a registered professional nurse who prescribes, coordinates, and evaluates patient care through collaborative efforts with health team members in accordance with the nursing process and the standards of care and practices. The Staff Nurse must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served. The RN conducts patient rounds at regular intervals. The RN monitors/supervises the LPNs/CNAs/ MHTs and redirects them as needed. The RN is accountable for the overall function of the unit.
- Graduated from an accredited program of professional nursing required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) required or equivalent
A minimum of three (3) years experience in a psychiatric healthcare facility treating co-occurring, mentally ill, or chemically dependent patients, with understanding of co-occurring disorders, and Cultural Linguistic Diversity amongst patients.
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse License
- Current Florida Driver's License
- Current CPR Certification
- Must pass a medication administration exam and complete a basic developmental competency exam
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of appropriate nursing assessment, diagnoses, & interventions with patients.
- Knowledge of milieu management.
- Ability to direct subordinates in the performance of their duties. Ability to accurately administer medication and monitor side-effects.
- Ability to safely implement Special Treatment Procedures.
- Ability to develop therapeutic relationships with patients and families
- Skill in preparing and maintaining appropriate medical record documentation
- Sensitive and aware of diverse cultures and their practices
Full-Time/Part-time 12 hour shifts. Day, nights, and weekend shifts available.
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, our annual revenues were $10.77 billion in 2018. In 2020, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2019, ranked #293 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 87,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 327 behavioral health facilities, 40 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 37 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruit.